Sunday, November 7, 2010

Who Am I?

My name is Janel and I'm a 28 year old stay at home mom of three.  Cole is three years old, Huck is 2 and our newest addition, Bear, just turned a month old.
Blue is the general theme at our house along with cars, trucks, mud and mess.  It is an adventure everyday.  The new things that they learn and the new things that they teach me everyday make my life so very wonderful
My husband and I have been married for just over five years and have been together for nine.  My life would not work without him by my side.  He supports me in all my crazy endeavours.
By schooling I am a Geo-scientist, but have never worked in my field.  Instead my HB and I made the decision for me to be a stay at home and work periodically as a substitute teacher when time and schedules allow.
I've been crafting and creating ever since I was very young.  I began with basic sketches and progressed through chalks, oils, and paints.  In high school through a photography class I started scrapbooking and have continued to express myself through the art ever since.  For about three years now I have been creating and sending my own handmade cards.  Some are personal notes, others are for Jimmy's Friends, The Trisomy 18 Foundation fundraiser A Friend's Wish and now I am part of a design team for Card Cupids.  Jimmy's Friends is in honor and remembrance of my father who passed away from cancer on 12-24-09.  All cards go to cancer patients and their families.  A Friend's Wish is a fundraising opportunity for T18 in honor of a little angel friend of ours.  And the newest endeavour, Card Cupids sends cards to deserving children all around the country.  I am so blessed that I am able to be a part of all of these wonderful life-changing experiences.


Janel

No comments:

Post a Comment